Engineer Spotlight: Amy Morris
For 2022 Engineers Week, we are highlighting some of our awesome member engineers. Tuesday's spotlight: Amy Morris of T3 Design Corporation.
- Name: Amy Morris
- Company: T3 Design Corporation
- Title/role: President/CEO
- Hometown & Current town: Sugar Grove, Ohio & Fairfax Station VA
- Alma Mater(s): George Mason University
- Family/pets: Married, no children, with one dog and one cat who love my current hybrid work environment.
- Favorite DC-area restaurant: Coastal Flats
- Favorite DC tourist destination: When I have friends or family in town, I always take them to the Einstein Memorial by the National Academy of Sciences. I must have 50 pictures of me there with a host of out-of-towners.
- Favorite travel destination: Glacier National Park in Montana for its stunning beauty
- Favorite celebrity/brand to follow on social: Ryan Reynolds. The guy is hilarious.
- Favorite app: Words with Friends. I grew up in a Scrabble family, so I love being able to play from afar.
- Favorite movie: (Nerd alert) you can't beat Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Currently binging on Netflix: Inventing Anna
- When I'm not at work you'll find me: Being outside: hiking with the dog, bicycling, jogging very slowly.
- Dream job: I'm in it. I love my little company and the people who make it go.
Let's Get To It……
- What got you into the engineering industry and what keeps you here?
- What is your area of expertise within engineering, and what drew you there?
- When and why did you first join ACEC/MW, and what keeps you coming back?
- What advice do you have for our newer ACEC/MW members about getting the most out of their membership?
- What has been your favorite ACEC/MW or ACEC event?
- I love the topic-focused luncheons. It's a great way to learn more in a particular area, while seeing old friends and making new ones.
- What part of the ACEC/MW mission to Educate, Engage, and Advocate most resonates with you and why?
- What is your favorite ACEC memory?
- Best work-related advice you've ever received?
- ACEC/MW Immediate Past President Rizwan A. Siddiqi, P.E.
- ACEC/MW Staff
- Kyle Urda, P.E., Facilities Chair
- Arthur Jones Dove, PE, PMP, CCM, MBA, PgMP
- Hanif Drzal, P.E., CJP
- Michael A. Perrotta, P.E., AICP
- Aaron Smith, P.E., LEED AP, Maryland Municipal Committee Chair
- Erin Donovan, PE, CQA
- Mary Searing, PE, DWRE, CFM and Norelis M. Florentino, PE, MBA, PMP
- Pedro Capestany, PE
- Hanif Drzal, P.E., CJP & Jenny Bowers
- James Thomas, P.E.
- Norelis M. Florentino, PE, MBA, PMP
- Vel Subramanian, PhD, PE, BCEE
- Sean Rousseau, P.E.
- Keith Foxx, P.E.
- James P. Hoffman, PE, LEED AP O+M, CEM
- Arpan Patel, PMP
- Qamar Kazmi, PE and Monty Simon
- Bryan C. Layman, P.E., L.P.S.S., A.O.S.E., LEED AP
- Eric Rehwoldt, P.E., P.G.