Profile: Pedro Capestany, PE
Pedro Capestany is a Vice President and Operations Director for AECOM in the East Region, focusing on the Southeast, for the Program and Project Management Business Line. Mr. Capestany has over 29 years of experience in civil engineering, program management, construction management and public administration, in the fields of transportation, building and heavy civil construction. He has managed programs, individual projects, and multiple task order contracts for local, state, and federal owners on projects with a total construction value of over $15 Billion. He has been involved in the development and management of some of the largest design-build and P3 transportation projects in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Prior to AECOM, Mr. Capestany started ATCS Capital Infrastructure as an affiliate company of ATCS, PLC as a District of Columbia Certified Business Enterprise (CBE). Mr. Capestany has worked on several key local P3 projects providing technical advisory support to the owner. Those projects included the I-495 Express Lanes, I-95 Express Lanes, Dulles Corridor Metrorail Phase 1, I-66 Corridor Improvement, and the DDOT Managed Lanes Feasibility Study. Mr. Capestany started his career working for the Virginia Department of Transportation in the Northern Virginia District. He left VDOT to begin working in the consulting world, working for MBP and Parsons Brinckerhoff. Mr. Capestany is on the Board of Directors of the American Council of Engineering Companies, Metropolitan Washington, (ACEC/MW) where he serves as President and Alternate National Director. He is also involved in many of the association’s committees. Mr. Capestany also served on the National Board of Directors of the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA). He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from Virginia Tech, and is a Registered Professional Engineer in Washington DC, Virginia, and Maryland.
- Login Count: 20
- Join Date: 32/68/2020 53:00:00
- Last on: 05/03/2021 17:39:25
- Website: aecom.com
- Location: Washington, DC
- Articles posted by this author:
- ACEC/MW Immediate Past President Rizwan A. Siddiqi, P.E.
- ACEC/MW Staff
- Kyle Urda, P.E., Facilities Chair
- Arthur Jones Dove, PE, PMP, CCM, MBA, PgMP
- Hanif Drzal, P.E., CJP
- Michael A. Perrotta, P.E., AICP
- Aaron Smith, P.E., LEED AP, Maryland Municipal Committee Chair
- Erin Donovan, PE, CQA
- Mary Searing, PE, DWRE, CFM and Norelis M. Florentino, PE, MBA, PMP
- Pedro Capestany, PE
- Hanif Drzal, P.E., CJP & Jenny Bowers
- James Thomas, P.E.
- Norelis M. Florentino, PE, MBA, PMP
- Vel Subramanian, PhD, PE, BCEE
- Sean Rousseau, P.E.
- Keith Foxx, P.E.
- James P. Hoffman, PE, LEED AP O+M, CEM
- Arpan Patel, PMP
- Qamar Kazmi, PE and Monty Simon
- Bryan C. Layman, P.E., L.P.S.S., A.O.S.E., LEED AP
- Eric Rehwoldt, P.E., P.G.