2019 EEA Local Projects for Board
Instructions for Judging
All the projects listed below were completed within the jurisdiction of ACEC/MW.
After you have reviewed the projects, please email Anna (email@example.com) with your TOP 3 picks. Please email by 11:59pm Thursday, November 7th.
- Does the entry demonstrate the use of a new science or a breakthrough in the general knowledge of engineering?
- Does the entry represent a unique application of new or existing technology, techniques, materials or equipment?
2. Future Value to the Engineering Profession and Perception by the Public
- Will the entry redefine current engineering thinking?
- Advance a positive public image of engineering excellence?
3. Social, Economic and Sustainable Development Considerations
- Do the solutions identified produce secondary benefits of value to the community environment?
- Does the entrant’s approach provide society with social, economic, or sustainable development benefits?
- Does the entrant’s contribution to the project improve the health, safety or welfare of the public or affected environment?
- Did the entrant successfully address highly complex criteria or unique problems?
- Were extraordinary problems of site, location, hazardous conditions, project requirements, or similar elements present?
- Did the entry require the use of out-of-the-ordinary technology or ingenuity for achievement of the project’s goals?
5. Successful Fulfilment of Client/Owner Needs
- Did the engineer or entrant successfully engage the client/owner in the overall project development process?
- Was it an economical and cost-effective solution?
- How did the final cost relate to the original budget estimate?
- How closely does the entrant’s solution meet the total goals of the client/owner?
- Did the entrant meet the client’s time schedule?
Firm: A+F Engineers
Project: Coolidge Senior High School - Renovations + Additions
Firm: A. Morton Thomas
Project: The Fields at RFK Campus
Project: The REACH at the Kennedy Center
Firm: Clark/Parsons, A Joint Venture
Project: CSX Virginia Avenue Tunnel Reconstruction
Firm: EBA Engineering, Inc.
Project: Edmonston Avenue Bridge Renovation
Project: Transform I-66 Inside the Beltway
Category: Non-Design and Design
Firm: M.C. Dean
Project: National Museum of the United States Army
Firm: Michael Baker International
Project: Customer and Data Services
Project: Reconstruction of Monroe Street Bridge, NE over Railroad
Firm: Sabra & Associates, Inc.
Project: Rapid Deployment of Vision Zero Engineering Measures
Project: Wilson Secondary School
Project: Second Avenue Cycle Track
Project: EB Wilson Blvd. over Rte. 50 (Seven Corners), Falls Church, VA