Wednesday, May 31, 2023
7:00am to 3:00pm
Featuring agency speakers from DDOT, MDOT, MWAA, WMATA, DC Water, and DOEE. Plus many other awesome guests!
In-Person Event. FIVE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT HOURS (5 PDHs) OFFERED
Metro: Crystal City Metro stop on the blue and yellow lines. The hotel is accessible from the metro station without going outside.
ACEC/MW, VA or MD Members: $200
Parking: Available in the parking garage under the hotel.
$20 for conference day guests
$30 for conference overnight guests
First Floor Grand Ballroom
7:00AM - Continental Breakfast, Exhibits & Networking
7:40AM - Opening Meeting
Welcome & Introductions
Fireside Chat: Workforce Attraction, Engagement & Retaining the Best
Moderated by Diana Alexander, CPSM - Director, Private Market Resources, ACEC National
- Richard Kenney, PE - Deputy Chief Engineer, District Department of Transportation (DDOT)
- Joe McAndrew - Assistant Secretary for Transportation, Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT)
- Victor Hoskins - President & CEO, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
- Kathleen Linehan, PE - President, Alpha Corporation
- Amado Baltazar, Jr., PE - President, BVF Engineering
8:55AM - Networking & Exhibiting
9:10AM - Concurrent Session #1
1.A) Silver Line Completion - After decades of planning and overcoming challenges, the Silver Line is now fully open! This panel of project members will share how they successfully collaborated to bring this landmark rail line to the public.
Moderated by Mugdha Tipnis - Senior Vice President, WSP (ACEC/MW Incoming Board Chair)
- Andrew Hascall - Vice President, Office of Engineering, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA)
- Neil Nott - Director, Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project (DULS), Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
- Haydn Heman-Ackah, NCARB - Senior Vice President of Transportation, WSP
- Erin Donovan, PE - Chief Operating Officer, T3 Design
1.B) Transformative Project Collaboration - Intentional collaboration is a hallmark of success, and leveraging technology with project team coordination will deliver the highest value to the client. These short presentations will be followed by a robust panel discussion showcasing a wide variety of partnerships.
Moderated by Sean Rousseau, PE - Associate Vice President, Transportation, East Region, AECOM
- Andrew Lindsey - Director of Applied Research & Development, Alpha Corporation
- Joe Arrowsmith, PE - Deputy Director, Water Resources Engineering, Straughan Environmental
- Donna An, PMP - Principal, Actaeon, LLC
- Alan Harwood - Principal/Vice President, AECOM
- Arpan Patel, PMP - Area Manager, Somat Engineering, Inc.
10:25AM - Networking & Exhibiting
10:55AM - Concurrent Session #2
2.A) A New Look at Procurement - Navigating DC procurement is often complex. However, this distinguished panel of agency procurement leaders will share best practices on how they are collaborating both internally and externally to offer compliant and timely solicitations that meet the needs of the agency.
Moderated by Scott Crumley, PE, PTOE - Director, Transportation, RK&K
- Troy Francis - Chief Contracting Officer, District Department of Transportation (DDOT)
- Sandi Vallely, NIGP-CPP - Acting Construction Category Manager, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
- Rudy Gonzalez - Director of Procurement, Capital Programs, DC Water
2.B) DC Sustainability Plan Brings Transformation - The goals of the DC Sustainability Plan are far-reaching and will have substantial benefits and impacts to the environment, transportation network and the A/E community. This diverse panel will explore collaboration strategies required to transform the District into a national leader in sustainability.
Moderated by Suli Wang, PE, BCEE, PMP, CCCA, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP - President, SZPM
- Thomas Bartholomew - Branch Chief for Renewable Energy and Clean Transportation, District Department of Energy & Environment (DOEE)
- Amanda Stout - Deputy Chief Officer for Project Delivery, District Department of Transportation (DDOT)
- Rebecca Stack - Principal, DesignGreen
- Dan Emerine - Associate Director, Citywide Planning, DC Office of Planning
- Mark Lawrence, AIA - Principal, EL STUDIO, PLLC
12:10PM - Networking & Exhibiting
12:30PM - Awards Luncheon
Keynote Speaker - Jane Datta - Former Chief Human Capital Officer, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Ms. Datta recently retired from NASA, where she was responsible for building the quality and depth of talent necessary for supporting the agency’s mission, improving capabilities for delivering out-of-this-world human resources services, and positively shaping NASA’s culture to maintain high levels of employee engagement and commitment.
Annual Honors & Awards - Keith Foxx, PE - ACEC/MW Board Chair 2022-2023
Elected Official of the Year Award to Angela Alsobrooks, Esq., County Executive of Prince George's County
Young Professionals of the Year
State of the Association Address
ACEC National Remarks
Art Barrett, PE - ACEC National Board Chair
Ralph Guida - ACEC National Vice Chair
Induction of the ACEC/MW Board of Directors, 2023-2024
Concluding Remarks - Mugdha Tipnis - ACEC/MW Incoming Board Chair, 2023-2024
2:30PM - Networking & Exhibiting
Breakfast & Lunch Sponsors
Silver Line Completion Session Sponsor
Transformative Project Collaboration Session Sponsor
A New Look at Procurement Session Sponsor
DC Sustainability Plan Session Sponsor
General Event Sponsors
Sponsorship Cost: Various ($300 - $2,500)
If your firm would like to be an event Sponsor you will have the option to do so during registration. If you have questions, please contact ACEC/MW.
Exhibitor Opportunities Available!
If you are interested in being an exhibitor and having a table set up to promote your company ($400, includes ticket), please click here:
To request a refund for this event email ACEC/MW Staff. Full refunds are issued up to 72 hours prior to the event. Partial refunds will be issued 24-72 hours prior to the event. No refunds will be issued within 24 hours of the event.