May 2022 - Virginia Business Opportunities Luncheon
Presentation File & Attendee List
Christopher Herrington currently serves as the Director of Public Works and Environmental Services for Virginia's Fairfax County, an American Public Works Association accredited department responsible for the County's wastewater, storm water, solid waste, capital facility development, and urban forest management functions. His educational background is in environmental engineering and biology with degrees from the University of Texas at Austin. Prior to joining Fairfax County in July 2021, he served as the Environmental Officer for the City of Austin, Texas.
- Born and raised in Garden City, NY on Long Island
- Studied Petroleum Engineering and Geology at Marietta College (Ohio), class of 1986
- Relocated to Northern Virginia after undergrad to i) find work in my field and ii) be close to my college sweetheart’s home town
- Still married to my college sweetheart
- Studied Civil Engineering (Geotech) at University of Maryland, class of 1989. Thesis was studying effectiveness of quicklime to stabilize shrink-swell clays in eastern Loudoun County
- Two children: Richard, 27 and Margaret 23
- Third and Fourth “children”: Two badly behaved pit bull mix shelter dogs, Punkin and Luna
- Residence: Ashburn, VA
- Outside Interests: Cooking (when there is time), Rowing (I competed in college and as a “master”. I currently coach for Stone Bridge High School in Ashburn.)
ACEC/MW Virginia Municipal Committee Chair
Erin Donovan, PE, CQA - Director of Engineering at T3 Design Corporation
Erin Donovan is Director of Engineering at T3 Design, a woman-owned engineering consulting firm located in Fairfax, Virginia. Erin earned a B.S. in Civil Engineering from The Catholic University of American in Washington, DC and a M.S. in Civil Engineering from Virginia Tech. Erin is responsible for managing a staff of engineers with a business practice that includes Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. Erin has been active in many professional organizations including holding leadership roles in ASCE and TRB as well as WTS-DC. Erin is an ACEC/MW member and currently serves as Chair of the Virginia Municipal Committee.