At a Glance: The New Maryland Municipal Committee
- By: Aaron Smith, P.E., LEED AP, Maryland Municipal Committee Chair
- On: 01/29/2020 10:38:54
- In: Committee Chair Comments
- Comments: 0
Aaron Smith, P.E., LEED AP, committee chair, discusses the launch of the new ACEC/MW Maryland Municipal Committee and invites you to join them and get in "on the ground floor!"The first meeting of the new ACEC/MW Maryland Municipal Committee took place on January 9, 2020 in A. Morton Thomas & Associates corporate headquarters in Rockville, Maryland. The meeting was well attended with representatives from across the engineering community including our current ACEC/MW President, Rizwan Siddiqi. After some initial introductions and administrative items, the meeting focused on the mission of this new committee and how we can best support ACEC/MW and the engineering community as a whole.
The mission of the Maryland Municipal Committee is to engage with representatives within Montgomery and Prince George's counties to discuss procurement and legislative issues that may impact our industry. Unique challenges for this committee (other than starting as a new entity within ACEC/MW) include close coordination with other committees within ACEC/MW as well as ACEC MD to ensure that we are complimenting each other and sharing information. This coordination effort will be an initial goal of the committee along with starting our outreach efforts to the numerous agencies within both Montgomery and Prince George's counties.
As the Chair of this new committee, I am excited to be a part of establishing its mission and integration into the ACEC community. As always, we are looking for new members and welcome anyone that would like to join and get in “on the ground floor!”
- ACEC/MW Immediate Past President Rizwan A. Siddiqi, P.E.
- ACEC/MW Staff
- Kyle Urda, P.E., Facilities Chair
- Arthur Jones Dove, PE, PMP, CCM, MBA, PgMP
- Hanif Drzal, P.E., CJP
- Michael A. Perrotta, P.E., AICP
- Aaron Smith, P.E., LEED AP, Maryland Municipal Committee Chair
- Erin Donovan, PE, CQA
- Mary Searing, PE, DWRE, CFM and Norelis M. Florentino, PE, MBA, PMP
- Pedro Capestany, PE
- Hanif Drzal, P.E., CJP & Jenny Bowers
- James Thomas, P.E.
- Norelis M. Florentino, PE, MBA, PMP
- Vel Subramanian, PhD, PE, BCEE
- Sean Rousseau, P.E.
- Keith Foxx, P.E.
- James P. Hoffman, PE, LEED AP O+M, CEM
- Arpan Patel, PMP
- Bryan C. Layman, P.E., L.P.S.S., A.O.S.E., LEED AP
- Eric Rehwoldt, P.E., P.G.