ACEC/MW Spring Golf Outing in the Books!
- By: Bryan C. Layman, P.E., L.P.S.S., A.O.S.E., LEED AP
- On: 05/11/2021 13:25:16
- In: ACEC/MW Board Chair's Comments
- Comments: 0
Bryan Layman, ACEC/MW Vice President, shares the successes of our Spring Golf Outing.
The spring golf outing at Penderbrook Golf Club in Fairfax, Virginia was a great success. The outing was sold out with 120 participants representing 50 member firms and associated clients and government officials. This provided a great opportunity to socialize, strengthen business relationships, and enjoy a round of golf; all while supporting ACEC/MW's scholarship fund (approximately $10k was raised for this cause!).
Everyone was a winner, but the official bragging rights go to the following:
1st Place Team: William Wentzien, Derek Kupperschmidt, Brian St John, Ray Bernardo (McCormick Taylor)
2nd Place Team: Bobby Hester (Volkert), Hari Thacker (Volkert), Christer Carshult (VDOT), Bruce Thornberry (Loudoun County)
3rd Place Team: Kellie Reardon (WBCM), Mike Smith (RRMM), Phil Han(WBCM), Willie Parks (RRMM)
Closest to the Pin Men - Jerry Kavadias, JMT
Closest to the Pin Women - Terra Barnes, Froehling & Robertson
Longest Drive Men - Willie Parks, RRMM
Longest Drive Women - Samantha Long, AECOM
We thank all of the participants and our 28 sponsors for making the event a success. Special thanks go out to the Golf Committee and all of those who volunteered; particularly to Jenny Bowers (Michael Baker International) our Golf Director/Czar.
Our golf outings continue to grow. Mark your calendars for our Fall Scholarship Golf Outing to be held October 13, 2021 at 1757 Golf Club in Dulles, Virginia. We anticipate another sellout, so keep your eyes peeled for the registration announcements this summer.
See more Event Photos Here.
- ACEC/MW Immediate Past President Rizwan A. Siddiqi, P.E.
- ACEC/MW Staff
- Kyle Urda, P.E., Facilities Chair
- Arthur Jones Dove, PE, PMP, CCM, MBA, PgMP
- Hanif Drzal, P.E., CJP
- Michael A. Perrotta, P.E., AICP
- Aaron Smith, P.E., LEED AP, Maryland Municipal Committee Chair
- Erin Donovan, PE, CQA
- Mary Searing, PE, DWRE, CFM and Norelis M. Florentino, PE, MBA, PMP
- Pedro Capestany, PE
- Hanif Drzal, P.E., CJP & Jenny Bowers
- James Thomas, P.E.
- Norelis M. Florentino, PE, MBA, PMP
- Vel Subramanian, PhD, PE, BCEE
- Sean Rousseau, P.E.
- Keith Foxx, P.E.
- James P. Hoffman, PE, LEED AP O+M, CEM
- Arpan Patel, PMP
- Qamar Kazmi, PE and Monty Simon
- Sean Rousseau, PE and James Thomas, PE
- Bryan C. Layman, P.E., L.P.S.S., A.O.S.E., LEED AP
- Eric Rehwoldt, P.E., P.G.
There have been no comments made on this article. Why not be the first and add your own comment using the form below.
Leave a comment
Commenting is restricted to members only. Please login now to submit a comment.